Mark Forster, from www.markforster.net, author of Do It Tomorrow (which the store tells me is in the mail), is doing a live demo today of the Three Task System.
In my words, the system is as follows: Use whichever list generation and sorting system you like, until the rubber hits the road. Mark is using his AF4. I’m using an experimental hybrid of AF4, DIT (as I understand it from his blog) and a task calendar.
Pick three tasks, using whichever criteria works for you. Do two (or three), the refill the list.
I decided to join him today.
9:30: As of last night, my overly-ambitious list for the day, with estimates, was:
- 30 Kitchen, laundry, hotspots (I consider these one task.)
- 10 Weekly Tub
- 15 Weekly Bathrooms
- 60 Aerobics (today it’s moving a huge pile of mulch)
- 20 Voice (4 songs to learn for spring exam. The Grade 4 exam is normally taken by 8 year olds, but it’s a stretch goal for me. Today’s goal is warm up and finally learn the words to the B part of the aria.)
- 30 Paperwork backlog. Must get this done by the end of November so we can review our budget properly.
- 30 Last month’s story performance. Listen to recording and write what I actually said / want to say next time I tell that story.
- 10 Wrap husband’s birthday present
- 30 Block shawl. I want to wear it on Wednesday when I tell my knitting story. Should do early in day so bed is available for bedtime.
- 30 Shorthand. It’s the least important of my tasks, but I started doing it again while waiting for daughter’s karate and am on a roll.
- 15 Annual deep clean of the house. I try to get through the house every year, a bit at a time. Next step is finish the family room.
Total: 250 minutes = 4 hours. Not possible.
It’s really damp out and I might be coming down with something, so the Aerobics, which is usually first thing (I walk the kids to school, then keep walking and end with a shower), is being skipped. Third day in a row, sigh, but I’ve been pretty good for the last few weeks.
9:55 First set of three tasks:
- 30 kitchen, laundry, hotspots
- 30 block shawl
- 15 tub and bathrooms (combining them)
Updates will go in the comments section. Feel free to add your own comments.